If you are not on Facebook, then you probably do not know what I am posting. There is a thing going around about writing 25 random things about yourself. If someone "tags" you, you are supposed to write about yourself. I was tagged and wrote it out and thought I'd share it on here for you Non-Facebookian's :) Everything else is going well, just super busy. We went to a friends house for the Superbowl last night which was fun. Other than that, not much else to report. Hope you all have a great week!
Rules: Once you've been tagged, you are supposed to write a note with 25 random things, facts, habits, or goals about you. At the end, choose 25 people to be tagged. You have to tag the person who tagged you. If I tagged you, it's because I want to know more about you!
1. I have a fraternal twin sister who is my best friend. I think we get closer every year. However, in total I have 8 brothers and sisters, all younger than me. It is a yours, mine, and ours kind of thing. I will confuse you if I go into more detail. But, I love all of them more than anything!
2. I study to the Delilah show most every night and read myself to sleep. What do I read? ANYTHING! Romance, Mystery, Self-Help, Adventure, Spiritual. My rule is no text books after 10! I also have a slight obsession with Harry Potter and Twilight.
3. I have kissed one man in my life, my husband.
4. I love being a medical student and learning every day. I’m not a fan of studying for exams, but it is necessary, I guess. I don’t believe in learning things to memorize (and eventually forget) them, but to understand their relevance.
5. I am so excited I am getting my MBA degree. In some respects I think it will be more useful than my medical degree. Plus, I have made some wonderful friends in that class!
6. One of the only things I regret in my life so far is pulling out my 5 iron on the 8th hole at Fergus Falls Golf Club for section finals my senior year of high school. I overshot the green by 15 yards and was behind a bunch of trees and consequently ended up triple bogeying the easy par 3. My Uncle P (and golf coach) told me the day before to use my 7 iron, and I didn’t listen. I missed qualifying for the state golf tournament by 2 strokes.
7. I’ve never been that person who has a posse of friends. When I think back, I always have that one companion I do everything with. Each was with me during a different stage in my life and most I am still very good friends with. Thank you guys!
8. I avoid drama like the plague… I would much rather have intellectual conversations.
9. I am not a phone person. It’s not that I don’t want to talk to you, but it feels too impersonal to me.
10. All I want for my children someday is to be happy, appreciate the people in their lives, and know how to love unconditionally
11. I believe the benefits of small town living are underemphasized
12. I am very close to and have a deep respect for ALL my parents.
13. My favorite movie is Steel Magnolias, my Favorite song is "Please Forgive Me" by Bryan Adams, Favorite drink is Diet Pomegranate 7-UP, Favorite Color is Purple, Favorite music is probably country but the best artist of all time in my opinion is Eva Cassidy...
14. I love seeing new places and traveling. Places I want to see overseas: Ireland, Italy, and Germany. Ireland and Italy because they look beautiful and Germany because the foreign exchange student we had my sophomore year of high school lives there and I miss her dearly.
15. I struggle with religion and politics. I am a woman of great faith and belief in my Creator, but feel the confines of religion keep people from celebrating as one and create biases. I do not side with Republicans or Democrats, but with a leader who fights for humanity with true passion.
16. I have been streaking AND skinny dipping before, both in high school. Girls, if I did this with you, you know who you are! Nothing like a game of spoons and truth-or-dare to get a party going.
17. One of my most memorable moments as a kid is taking a road trip with my dad and sister. We saw Graceland and met Mickey Gilley in Branson, MO at a golf course and got to sit in the VIP section at his concert that evening.
18. There is nothing better than Kansas City BBQ
19. I do not know what kind of doctor I want to be yet. I like OB/GYN and Internal Medicine. I start my rotations in the hospitals August 1st. Hopefully by next year I will have a better idea about this so stay tuned.
20. I could not imagine loving any other man more than I love my husband. He is my everything, the reason I am.
21. Ry and I talk a lot about what kind of a house we would build someday. All we have decided is to keep it simple, open, and have a wine cellar.
22. I do not have typical in-laws. They have truly become my family.
23. High school has many bittersweet memories. I thought I knew what I wanted then but in the end “Some of Gods greatest gifts are unanswered prayers” - Garth Brooks
24. I wish I could be as witty as my sister
25. I am amazed if you’ve read all this up till now. If I tagged you on Facebook, you’re it!
♥ R
PS. If any of you feel compelled to do this as well, I'd love to read it.
No comments:
Post a Comment