Saturday, January 7, 2012

Week 22

I cannot believe we are already at 22 weeks! Up until this point I have had a pretty good pregnancy. I can't say I love being pregnant but I can't complain either. If it weren't for the heartburn, fatigue, nausea, achy back, and general discomfort I would feel like normal! Now that I have started to feel those kicks and bumps it has become more real to me. The past week I've begun to experience the joy of "tossing and turing" at night. I have never experienced this before, usually I sleep like a baby all night long. When I got up this morning I was trying to negotiate with the baby, telling him I know he is running out of space but if we could just compromise it would be great :) I don't think that's going to work... poor thing is already low on space the way it is! I also thought I would share the obligatory pregnancy photos... I tried to give you a before and after. You should be thankful I'm sharing a frumpy photo of myself :)

12 weeks
22 weeks

We had our 20 week ultrasound before Christmas and found out we are having a (but you can't tell my dad!!)....
BOY!!

We are very excited about a little boy, hopefully we are able to keep up with him. Ryan is already talking about bringing him home in a Packer jersey. I shot that one down pretty quickly. Not to worry everyone but we also found out at the ultrasound that our little one has a white spot in his left ventricle. Apparently it isn't anything to stress over but we have to take a closer look at a level II ultrasound in a week or so. I am a bit nervous but it sounds like a common finding that they just need to look into further to make sure everything is 100% OK. Apparently it typically resolves by the third trimester. Everything else, including the rest of the heart, looked normal otherwise but keep us in your prayers until then. We'll love him no matter what. I will make sure to keep you updated. Hope everyone had a wonderful holiday and New year.

♥,
Raquel

1 comment:

Savannah said...

I can definitely see the bump now - you are so totally cute!! Will you please read to Baby Boy Jahnke the book I gave him for Christmas so he knows how much I love every part of him already? (I love you and Ryan too, I guess!) <3