On another note, Ryan and I had a visitor this weekend, Matthew (Ryan's brother). He has not been to KC since we moved here so it was nice to show him around. He took the Greyhound from MN. I will not go into details, but I will never ride or promote anyone riding on Greyhound again. Customer service is terrible, I could go on and on. Matthew arrived on Friday morning at 6 am. We showed him the highlights of the Downtown (Crown Center, Union Station, WWI Museum, and of course Arthur Bryant's BBQ). Because it was Halloween, we decided to go out and enjoy the beautiful weather and have some fun. We headed to Worlds of Fun for their "Spook Fest". Worlds of Fun is the amusement park of KC. It was quite entertaining to say the least. We rode all the rollercoasters and walked through a fog filled park. Matthew and I were creeped out because they had these "goblins" walking around trying to frighten you. One jumped out in front of a girl dinging a loud bell and she freaked out to say the least, I'm sure I would have had the same reaction. Ryan wanted us to walk through the especially spooky walkways and Matthew and I resisted. I was especially scared of the man dressed as "Jason" from Friday the 13th movies... that was a little too much for me, but we made it out alive :) Thanks again Dad for the tickets!
On Saturday we ran errands in the morning before we headed to the Plaza for lunch. We attended a beautiful church service before we enjoyed the fresh, evening breeze of the night sipping hot coffee on the Plaza. Ryan gets a new energy to him when Matthew is around. I feel bad that they can't be together more often, but I guess it makes these visits that much more special. After enjoying our evening on the Plaza we came to our apartment and had a nice steak dinner over a glass of Cabernet.

We had a rather stressful Sunday morning, mostly because I was stressed that Ryan was being "putzy" as I call him. We had plans on going to the KC Chiefs football game and tailgating beforehand. Needless to say, we ended up being about an hour late but we really didn't miss much. The Chiefs lost in OT to the Tampa Bay Buccaneers. Maybe they'll win next time (chuckle).
♥
R
3 comments:
Holy Hair, Rocky!! It's getting so long...and I love it!! And I love your pictures, but it makes me miss you more and makes me feel sad about how long it has been since I've seen you. I'm glad you have company, though...and I suppose you have Ryan, too :)
Thanks for the link to your Blog Raquel. I really enjoyed reading the Blogs that I have missed the past couple of months. Now that I have the link again I will never lose it. I know you are busy, but I think you should write at least 2times each week. Also, invite family and friends to your place all the time and take lots of pictures. It may sound weird, but your Blog, including pictures, made me feel like I am just down the road from my loved ones.
I hope you are "tops" in your neuroscience classes because I am going to drill you about Autism during Xmas. Mostly I will be asking alot of questions that I will need you to answer. I can already here myself responding to your answers with, "But how can a man be sent to the Moon and brought back safely and there still isn't a cure for Autism? Are we unfocused when it comes to funding projects?"
I think I just started a discussion so you may want to email me rather than post opinions on your Blog. Love, Jeff
P.S. I am was unable to input a damn username or password, so I published this as "Anonymous." What do I need to do so that I don't look like a fool trying to hide my identity?
I just found something interesting!! Does your mother really have a username of mamaloveskenny??? If you help me with the anonymous thing I will probably choose jeffylovessuzyboggus as my username. It would be to strange to have jeffylovesDMB. What a weirdo, your mom!!
Post a Comment