I just finished this book last night. I do not want to go into details about the book because I don't want to ruin it for anyone who is planning on reading it. But I do want to mention that the book had me crying, laughing, and yearning for a closer relationship with God.
A quote from the book that I thought was very powerful, "You can kiss your family and friends good-bye and put miles between you, but at the same time you carry them with you in your heart, your mind, your stomach, because you do not just live in a world but a world lives in you" -Frederick Buechner
The Shack has given me a new, fresh perspective on our purpose here on this Earth. This book has been healing for me. Life is not about politics, money, success, or looks but our meaningful relationships with people and God. Not only the ones we love, but everyone who we are brothers and sisters with in Christ (I understand this phrase now).
Whether you have lost someone you love dearly or are just looking for an inspirational novel, I highly recommend you read this book.
The book touched me because it reminded me that the ones I have lost in my life are patiently waiting to meet me again someday. Waiting in a place that knows no hatred, impatience, or greed.
A quote from the book that I thought was very powerful, "You can kiss your family and friends good-bye and put miles between you, but at the same time you carry them with you in your heart, your mind, your stomach, because you do not just live in a world but a world lives in you" -Frederick Buechner
The Shack has given me a new, fresh perspective on our purpose here on this Earth. This book has been healing for me. Life is not about politics, money, success, or looks but our meaningful relationships with people and God. Not only the ones we love, but everyone who we are brothers and sisters with in Christ (I understand this phrase now).
Whether you have lost someone you love dearly or are just looking for an inspirational novel, I highly recommend you read this book.
The book touched me because it reminded me that the ones I have lost in my life are patiently waiting to meet me again someday. Waiting in a place that knows no hatred, impatience, or greed.
Let me know what you think as I am excited to have a meaningful discussion about what the book means to you. Is the story true? Is everything mentioned biblically correct? I don't know. But I do know it made me reflect more deeply upon my own relationship with God, and to me that can't be a bad thing.
Have a wonderful weekend
♥
R
No comments:
Post a Comment