Monday, October 6, 2008

And So It Goes



I'm sitting here listening to Lite Hits on Digital Cable and studying. Ryan is on his first business trip in Atlanta, GA. He is visiting the Hallmark Lithocrome plant there. I do not know what Lithocrome is, but I'm sure I will hear all about it come Friday evening when he gets back. I know he has been very excited that he was invited on this trip, though he will never admit it. I miss him of course, but it is also my finals week so it is a great week for the trip!

I said I would update on the Weekend Tim and Cindy were here. On Friday evening (Sep 26), we went to the great Topeka, Kansas to get a tour of the Hallmark plant where Ryan works. It is amazing the process that goes into making a card! I was griping about going initially but it turned out to be neat. I didn't realize how proud Ryan is of what he does until then. He was explaining everything to us in great detail and of course waited to show us his "Flitter" department until the end... I guess they say save the best for last! He was so cute having all of us (Tim, Cindy, and I) touch all the cards and look at everything closely... oh Ryan. Thinking about him giving that tour makes me want to give him a big hug right now.

The four of us went on a long walk Saturday morning in the beautiful Autumn weather. We had lunch then I studied at the library while they wandered around Kansas City! We ended the evening at Jack Stack Barbeque (picture).

On Sunday morning, we had to make sure to make it to the 8AM church service. We walked in at quarter to eight (this church is usually standing room only if you are late) and there was nobody there and the lights were off. The service didn't start until 8:30. Oops. Oh well, we won't make that mistake again. It ended up being kind of funny. Of course Ryan blamed me but I was quick to remind him he could have looked it up just as easily as I could have... he likes to tease me. As Ryan often says, he knows how to "push my buttons" and that is for sure! But I still love him :) Although we were 45 minutes early, it was nice reflection time so maybe we will be early next time too.

This previous weekend was uneventful. I'm sure you are all sick of me saying I was studying but that is what I did. I'm sick of me saying it too! Better get back to work. I look forward to posting more regularly again soon. I also attached a picture of Tim and Ryan at the art museum in Kansas City because I thought it was funny (I did not go with them but heard it was fun). Tim is trying his hardest to keep that large birdie from falling and Ryan is standing there relaxing, what else is new?
R

No comments: