Thursday, January 24, 2008

What a Day...

I just recently saw the movie "Juno" because of all the hype that has been put around it. I was talking about it today in class and someone told me that they didn't want to go see the movie because teen pregnancy is bad... who the heck are these people? It actually has been bugging me all day. I am definitely not trying to promote teen pregnancy but what about it is so awful? I am a firm believer in not judging someone or the situation they are in unless you can put yourself in their shoes and most of the time, you can't. I can truthfully say that I am a product of a non-planned, young couple relationship and although at the time my parents were probably scared to death, I am so thankful it happened [and so are they... I think :)]. Does that make them bad people? No. This is my opinion anyway, it does not make me right. I don't know why it bothered me so much... just my rant for the day.

Other than that... I have no updates. I feel like everyone around me have so many things going on in their lives that I have absolutely no right to complain about anything... but be thankful for what I do have and pray for the ones who need it most.

Until Next Time-
Raquel

1 comment:

Sav said...

When you told me you were starting a blog, I was so excited because it was going to be something more to make me feel connected to you besides phone when you are so far away. Well, I really enjoy it so far...both of your entries. Now, sister, I hope you weren't teasing me...keep writing! I want to be kept up on your life and your ignorant classmates who can't bring themselves to the 21st Century, or at least open to discussion about issues that are clearly a problem in our society today. Seriously, about that, Juno was an amazing movie, with or without the obvious controversy. If nothing else, it was good for a few good laughs. People are so closed-minded sometimes, so don't feel like by seeing the movie you are a now an advocate for teen pregnancy...it's like saying you have hopes to one day start a school for upcoming magicians when you watch Harry Potter. It's ridiculous. I love you...keep watching your movies, don't listen to stupid people, and DON'T STOP blogging! I just love reading about your days...it makes me feel like I'm there with you. I love you!