Sunday, January 20, 2008

Hello All

I don't know if I will be as interesting as some other blogs I have read but I thought it would be fun to give little updates here and there.

For those of you who do not know, I just recently married the love of my life, Ryan. It is hard to explain in words why I love him so much but I do know this...

1) I can be the nerd that I have always been around him... and always will be.
2) I'll catch him just looking at me for no reason at all... smiling
3) The time we do have together is still not enough
4) & ... he has somehow managed to get me rooting for the Packers... as much as that bothers me he did it... I must really love him!

Enough of the sappy stuff. I am sorry I have not posted any pictures of the wedding yet... we will be getting them soon and know that when I get them, I will post.

As for everything else, we are living in Overland Park, Kansas which is a suburb of Kansas City. I LOVE IT HERE. Not only the people and the warmer weather but just everything about it... there is so much to do. The only thing about it is I miss my family tremendously. Yesterday when I was at Blockbuster I saw a movie Savannah has been telling me she wants to see and I almost started crying... what a nerd I am... and whenever I talk to my little siblings on the phone I want to reach out and hug them! However, I have made some wonderful friends here so that really helps.

For those who do not know, I am a 1st year medical student at Kansas City University of Medicine which is a school of osteopathy. If anyone would like to know more about it let me know because I'd be happy to tell you... I truly believe in its philosophy and intend on using it for the benefit of my patients when I actually get to be a doctor. I do not know what type of medicine I want to practice but it will eventually come to me. I have to feel it out a bit before I make such a decision. The problem is I am interested in just about every kind of medicine. I am currently learning about the heart and lungs and am now convinced that taking fish oil every day is one of the best things you can do for your heart... besides exercise of course. I love medicine and eventhough the studies are rigorous, I find much comfort in knowing I am learning things that will hopefully save some lives someday... if only one. I believe God has brought me here for a reason and that I am fulfilling my calling.

I will keep you updated as new things come up. Thank you for reading.

Raquel

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad to see you blogging now too. It's nice to see what everyone is up to through their blogs. I'll be a frequent reader for sure. Congrats on school and the wedding, you seem to be doing really well, and that's great!