Saturday, November 22, 2014

Blessed

My heart swells with joy.  The days... hours... minutes... since Caleb was born have been incredible.  I am so thankful to be mommy to two beautiful boys.  The whole ordeal with the fluid on Caleb's lungs feels like a dream, a long lost memory.  It's so surreal.  It's nothing more than a miracle that he is sitting here in my arms at this very minute, a perfectly healthy baby boy.  I told Ryan that I feel like I am in a constant state of euphoria. I really can't explain it… I've never had this feeling before. Don't get me wrong, I had an enormous and beautiful connection with Jonah when he was a baby, but somehow this time it's different. I think everything we went through in the pregnancy has made me more raw, more real.  I look into the eyes of both my children, and see the work of God. These beautiful creatures that came from nothing are here... living, breathing.  I will never take that for granted.  One of my favorite movie quotes (and the inspiration to the title of my blog) is "I would rather have thirty minutes of wonderful, than a lifetime of nothing special."  This even has more meaning to me now that I am a mother. No matter what trials I may face in my lifetime, I know I am a blessed woman and saved by the Grace of God.  

No comments: