Saturday, March 17, 2012

33 weeks

I wanted to share some pictures of my baby shower that Tessa took. She did such an awesome job. I don't have the jpeg's yet so I'll share the link to the Shutterfly site she posted them to. Thank you for taking pictures, Tessa! My mom and sister threw me an absolutely beautiful baby shower a few weeks ago in Minneapolis. It meant so much that so many people came, I felt so loved! The baby got so many wonderful things and will be very well dressed. Savannah, you are one of the most amazing people in my life and love you so much for doing something so special for me and your future nephew. We read the book you gave him and I know he's going to adore you as much as I do. We are so lucky to have you, you are the best twin sister in the whole World! I can't thank everyone for all the gifts! The link to the pictures:

We have been having such a beautiful Spring, so spoiled! Ryan and I have been spending lots of time spring cleaning and preparing for baby. We are only seven weeks away (or so) from the arrival of our little bundle. I am already kind of panicking that everything will not be ready. My mom was telling me that I may have to let go of my particularities once this baby comes. I know it's true but I've just gotten so used to things be a certain way that I get anxiety thinking things won't be exactly how I plan them to be. I've gotten a bit anal retentive with age... I blame Kacie!! She increased my standard of living when we lived together in college and now I like things as neat as she kept them :) It's a blessing and a curse at the same time that I am that way. However, I do realize I have to let some things go... but what? Clean dishes? Organization? TV? That's it! I want to fully enjoy and soak in every moment with my little one so I intend to have as much prepared beforehand so I can soak them all in. Naive of me??

We are also getting worried that we have not picked out a name for our little guy. We like a lot of names, but love none. We had a name for a little girl, of course. We don't want a common name yet want it to be classic and not too weird. Those criteria make it difficult! I'm sure we will settle on something soon??

Our little guy has been moving a ton lately! I have felt these rhythmic pulses at times and have now realized he's hiccuping, so cute. We almost have his bedroom completely prepared, just a few finishing touches left. Ryan is refinishing a dresser for him we bought off Craigslist so we'll have a place to put all his cute clothes. I will share pictures on my next blog. Until then here is a teaser. Notice the painting on the wall? My little sister Peyton made that for us. It is so perfect, she is such a talented young lady. We love it Peyton, thank you! My mom and Peyton also made those blocks. They are made up of different pictures I drew when I was little, signatures of grandparents from old birthday cards, and even a picture of Ryan as a baby that says, "my daddy, my hero". They are so precious and fit perfectly in the room. My drawings are not nearly as well done as Peyton's though :)


The baby has turned head down which means he's getting ready (I guess), ahh! I can't wait to meet him. Everything is going perfectly according to my doctor. I pray everyday the delivery goes well and he comes out healthy, my biggest concern of all. I'm sure everyone is sick of hearing it but I still feel great! My doctor was surprised when she felt my feet and I have absolutely no swelling yet. I still have a little trouble sleeping but by no means am I sleep deprived. I count my blessings.

33 weeks
Love ♥
Raquel

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are glowing!!!!! Congratulations!!! May I recommend the name Suffok? I remember how much you and Sav liked it :-) Wishing you well!!!!

Betsy

Linda kalpin said...

Rocky you look great. That little bundle is so lucky to have you both as parents. Also let the little things go. Everything will fall into place. Love you both.
Grandma & Grandpa Kalpin

Anonymous said...

I'm soo glad you liked your shower!! I love you so much, too and am so very excited to meet the little guy! I think you should definitely consider Betsy's name suggestion...;) You are looking beautiful as you move into the last stages of pregnancy - thank you for posting the picture. <3

Love, Savannah

Anonymous said...

You look amazing, Raquel! It was so good to see you, and I, too, look forward to meeting the little guy. As for me being blamed for the OCD... Ug... I suppose I can't argue too much. ;) As always agreed upon, I'll be your nanny any day! (I don't even need the house with a skywalk connecting it to yours... a couch or backyard tent for Maple and me will do!)I Love you, lots! <3 Kacie