I also enjoy the variety of psychiatry. I have accompanied my doctor for nursing home visits, to the courthouse where she testified on a patient's behalf, and inpatient care. My doctor awed me when she was on the stand with the eloquence she presented herself with and the compassion she emulated for her patients. It is truly admirable. As much as I like it, I have had a difficult time reconciling the fact that regardless of a patient's actions, you must still treat them with utmost respect because they have a disease. I have been sworn at, had an entire jug of water thrown on me, and talked about dolls with their heads spinning and through it all I have to keep smiling. Psychiatry has definitely moved up my list of specialties I would consider doing, though pathology is still the front runner.
Ryan and I ventured up to Minnesota last weekend to watch my brother Mitchell play basketball. It was a very nice weekend.
Happy Valentine's Day! Ryan and I decided to get brunch this morning then we headed to Independence, MO, the hometown of former President Truman. We visited the Presidential library dedicated in his honor. Again, this did not disappoint. The history and background information is so neat to see.
Thanks for reading, until next time.
♥ Raquel
Currently Reading: The Lace Reader by Brunonia Barry
Listening To: History in the Making by Darius Rucker
No comments:
Post a Comment