Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Pediatrics Week 1

Written yesterday morning before my day at the office began:

"Here I am again on my second day of clinical rotations in Pediatrics. I love the private office setting, especially this office. The walls have vivacious color, the lighting has a calming mood, the working courters are spacious, and all the staff are so welcoming. I could definitely see myself in an office like this in the future - relaxed yet productive. Another surprising thing for me is how much I do enjoy the children, though they exhaust me. However, I do find my patience short when one is crying. Those poor babies are so scared yet so loud at the same time! I feel like a terrible person thinking this way, after all that will probably be what my children are like when I have them, especially if they take after Ryan. Ha! Overall, my first impressions are good and Dr. L is a passionate and caring person which I much appreciate. I begin rounding at the hospitals starting next week so maybe I'll get some more insight then. Raquel, be more proactive with the kids today and not just a fly on the wall :)"

No comments: