
It amazes me that the 4th of July has come and gone yet again. It feels as life becomes this desperation for the next holiday, vacation, or simply weekend. Taking it one day at a time. As much as I love to go back home to Minnesota I loathe the drive. I wish airline tickets would go down so we could fly but for now it doesn't seem plausible. We always have fun anyway




We did the traditional 4th of July events again this year - golfing, delicious fish fry, fireworks, and relaxing - it never gets old. Ryan said he could eat fish from Osakis every day and not get sick of it, I find that hard to believe though :) Another thing that hasn't ceased to amuse me is how much my little brothers and sisters grow each time we come home. I feel I have missed out on so much with them.


I don't have much to report on the weekend, I guess. There's something about Osakis that always refreshes me, though. Going home brings me back to the place where I had no cares in the World, everyone knows my name, and neighbors out for walks stop by when they see cars in the driveway. Maybe it has nothing to do with Osakis at all, but all the ones I love who are there. The only bad part about the weekend was getting sick towards the end, it made for an interesting ride home. I'm feeling better now but still not 100%.I am sad because I found out I do not have any holidays or vacation for the next year. If I take a day off, I have to make it up! No Christmas or Thanksgiving break. We may be making short trips home or be celebrating holidays in Kansas City this year. It is just part of the sacrifice made for this career I am embarking myself on. We'll just have to see what happens. I have to get to my papers now, much better than studying for boards though...
♥ Raquel
P.S. I went and saw My Sister's Keeper with Mom, Grandma, Peyton, and her friend. It was good but exhausting. I spent most of the movie trying to keep myself from crying. Overall, a good story though.
Listening to: "People are Crazy" by Billy Currington
No comments:
Post a Comment