This picture doesn't necessarily fit, but I couldn't resist, he's so cute. (Ryan on his birthday)
Right after my board exam Ryan and I headed to Wisconsin for the Memorial Day weekend. I discovered (of course in Wisconsin) my two new favorite drinks, New Moon with orange & cinnamon and Brandy slush's. The quintessential summer drinks. We got a lot of visiting and relaxing in. Nothing beats a bonfire at the VanderBloomen's up North in the summertime. As cliche as it may sound, I love spending time with my Wisconsin family and friends, regardless of their Packer loving habits. Sadly, we had to come back to KC to attend our responsibilities. It's no fun being a grown up sometimes. My summer courses are now in full swing. I also got my rotation schedule this week which I am psyched about. My first rotation is pediatrics in August. No, George Clooney will not be my preceptor. I was hoping though :)
Mom, Joey, and Grandpa C also came to KC early this week. Joey came down to see if he qualifies for a research study being done here for children with Type I diabetes. If he qualifies he may be spending some time here this summer. Joey, I'm so proud of you being such a trooper and never complaining. I love you!
This weekend has also been relaxing, which seems to be the new theme of our lives. No complaints from this girl. We went to a happy hour with some friends on Friday evening and I spent Saturday at the library with a good friend of mine. Last night Ryan and I also got to attend a Bryan Adams acoustic concert. Fabulous. I have been telling my fellow MBA'ers this week that Ryan and I were going to this concert and the most common response was, "what does he sing?". What?? I determined my classmates lack of enthusiasm over Bryan Adams when we got to the concert last night. Ryan and I were honestly the youngest people there. It fits me though, I have always had an older soul. I have never related to people my own age. Thank you everyone for the birthday money! I spent it on the concert and it did not disappoint. We had front row on the balcony which ended up being awesome seats. Ryan said it was the best concert he has ever been to, that's saying something. Bryan Adams talked a lot and sung with an acoustic guitar and at times a piano (and harmonica). His vocals are impressive. I do not think he missed a note. We had a good time.
Sorry I have been gone so long. Oh how I've missed thee. I hope to be blogging about our summer adventures periodically and to hear about yours. May the summer treat you well.
♥ Raquel and Ryan
PS. We just watched "New in Town" with Renee Zellwegger and it exaggerates winter in Minnesota, but we thought it was hilarious regardless.
PSS. Congratulations to the Leen family who will have another addition in December. I love you all!
No comments:
Post a Comment