Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Goodbye Apathy

Sorry it has been a while since I have updated, things have been a little hectic. Right now I'm updating on my 1 hour lunch break from board studying. I have successfully completed all of my 2nd year sections in medical school! Yay! I made it :) Currently I have 11-14 hours of studying a day scheduled for Boards until May 21st so if I don't return a phone call right away or go on Skype much I apologize. I will be very happy when these are over. I appreciate everyone's support so much. Thank you all as well for the birthday cards and gifts, I feel very loved ♥

I have decided to get rid of my bad attitude. I have never felt as bogged down with different stresses as I have the past 2 months. However, I WILL keep a positive outlook on things. Help me keep me on track with this... call me out on my negativity please. The last thing the world needs is another cynic. I woke up this morning to a Hallmark card, some flowers, and a new candle for my bathroom from my husband just to let me know how much he loves me and that he is rooting for me. I am so lucky! Thank you Ry, I love you.


I am also happy Ry and I were able to take a last minute trip to Osakis for Easter. Sometimes it is harder to go home (especially for only two days) because it makes me realize how much I miss everyone. Plus, there's just never enough time. I felt like I spent a whole day thinking "I'm finally home" and the other day saying goodbye. However, any time spent with family is worth it in my book. As my dad said if you wait for the perfect time to go home, you will never get there. What prompted this desire to go home was Joey being diagnosed with Type I Diabetes two weeks before. It was hard to watch him go through that. No eleven year old deserves to go through this (or any child for that matter). However, to give him and all my siblings a big hug and a kiss made the 18 hours of driving all worth it! Sorry if I kept you awake talking to me Peyton :0) I also got suckered into playing in the Alumni Tournament ... it was fun but man was I sore. I'll survive. We also got to see T, C, and M in Minneapolis for a coffee break on our way home which was nice.

I have a small inclination I will not have much to blog about in the coming 6 weeks, nor will I have anything exciting to talk about. However, I have recovered an old blog and journal I used to write in and I plan to randomly post excerpts from those in the coming weeks. Not many people have read these and I thought it would be interesting to do some reflecting.

Keep a lookout for my reminiscent blogs in the near future-
♥ R

Current Music: "Leap of Faith" by Lionel Cartwright

2 comments:

Val Hoeschen said...

We love you Raquel...

Tessa said...

1. Good Luck with your Boards!
2. Next time, let me know, we'll meet you in Owatonna even if it's just for 5 minutes!
3. Love that song ... I played it for Adam teehee!
4. Hope Joey is doing better!
5. I have lots of news for you!
6. I miss you!
7. I love you!
8. I am trying to make it to 10!
9. I need to see you SOON!
10. There I made it ha!