Friday, September 19, 2008

Where the Green Grass Grows

One day I want to...

* Live in a place where there are no stoplights.
* Walk outside on my porch and hear crickets chirping and see the glimmer of stars on a cool summer night.
* Watch a thunderstorm from my bay window listening to the rain clop on the roof, sipping a hot cup of tea and reading a good book.
* Have Ryan serenade me with his saxaphone playing Kenny G, just for me...
* Jog in the early morning fog with nothing but the sound of my feet hitting the ground.
* Wake up to the smell of fresh coffee on the pot.
* Sleep in on Saturday mornings with the windows open wide.
* Sing and dance along to old country music blaring from my radio while I clean the house.
* Jump in a pile of colorful leaves on a crisp fall evening with my children in stride.
* Cuddle up in a blanket around a fireplace on a cold winter night with all the people I love there with me.

I'm just a country girl at heart. I appreciate the simple things in life. I am grateful for the opportunities I have had in the city, but one day, I will go back. Go back to a place where life is simple, people care about one another, and I come alive. One day...

I will update soon.

Love,
Raquel

No comments: