Sunday, August 10, 2008

So Empty...

Here ends another crazy weekend. My dad and the clan came last Wednesday. KCUMB hosted a barbeque and paid for us to go to a Royals/Red Sox game on Wednesday evening and they all joined us. They came just in time for the nice weather to begin and heat wave to leave. I can say I have never enjoyed baseball as much as I did this weekend. Besides the game on Wednesday we also went to the Royals/Twins game this past Friday, what a game. I'm not sure if it is the baseball I like or the venue/atmosphere of Kauffman Stadium. Although, I did find myself immersed in the game. Plus, the breeze was nice and I had good company.

We also were able to get our fill of barbeque. We had Jackstack and the famous Arthur Bryant's. Even though I live in Kansas City, I do not have much barbeque so it's always a treat. We brought the kids to Kaleidoscope for them to do arts and crafts which they enjoyed a lot. I felt bad for Mitch, he was probably bored... although he did get his kicks putting stickers on my dad's back... maybe you had to be there but it was funny.

I am very happy they came to visit. As small of an apartment we have, I really do enjoy the company. I would have visitors all the time if I could. I also got to show them my Osteopathic Manipulative Therapy (OMT) skills ... they all went right to sleep :) Overall, we just had fun spending time with each other which seems to be sparse lately.

I apologize I do not have any pictures to capture the fun of the weekend. I am kicking myself for forgetting my camera, they're only that little for so long. (Olivia-8, Marit-6, and Gannon-4). After everyone left on Saturday afternoon, there was a strange buzz in our apartment. It was empty... too empty. We did not know what to do with ourselves. I'm not saying children are coming soon, just that I look forward to the days of little ones running around... no matter how far away that may be.

Neuroscience is in full swing... if I don't get a chance to blog for a while, I am probably just studying. Ryan is heading to Milwaukee for Andy and Sabitha's wedding next weekend so I'll make sure he takes pictures of that!

Until next time, take care. Love-Raquel

2 comments:

mamaloveskenny said...

Hi Honey,
Just thought you should know I do read your blog. IT is so cool. Wow, your beginning "So Empty" kind of scared me. I think you and Ry-Pie need to enjoy each other for awhile b-4 the pitter patter of little feet! besides, you need to be closer to MN if you start having little Jahnke's! ha ha.
I'm so happy for you and Ryan; you have truly found your soul mate.
I miss you lots and let me know how the Tracy Byrd thing goes and if Ryan liked it!
Talk to you soon.
Love ya lots, Mom

mamaloveskenny said...

PS. That first black and white picture of you and Ryan in St. Louis is phenomenal! I love it. Mom