Sunday, June 29, 2008

Mud Daubers




So, as much as I like living in Kansas City there is definitely a down point... the insects! They are not only three times the size they are in Minnesota but there seems to be a lot more of them (all except for mosquitos... I still have not seen one since living here).

Our new insect infestation are Mud Dauber wasps. Now, this wouldn't be as much a problem if there weren't 7 nests in the closet on our deck! Yes, Ryan and I spent a good part of the afternoon trying to destroy the nests... The problem is, I really don't like dealing with the creatures and Ryan is terrified of wasps and bees. If you were at our wedding you would know this because when Ryan was younger he screamed bloody murder over a lady bug in his tent which was mentioned in the sermon (homily). We did successfully get rid of them now, so hopefully they won't be back.

On the bright side, my herb garden is flourishing. I have an abundant supply of cilantro, basil, rosemary, and green beans. Yum! Well back to studying for my exam in the morning.
The first picture is from a couple of weeks ago when we were ravaged by nasty thunderstorms and Ryan caught a picture of the skies from our deck and the other is Ryan reluctantly looking into the closet wary of the wasps! Oh brother...

1 comment:

Sav said...

Cool pictures! I'm glad the first one found you safe and sound...it looks extremely frightening...